Linda Rey was born and raised in Sleepy Hollow, New York (formerly North Tarrytown) and has worked in the insurance profession since 1985 when she began her career working with her father, Francisco J. Rey, CLU at the agency.
Linda and her sister, Laura, acquired the agency from their father in 2013 where they had been working since 1999 and 1997 respectively.
In 1990, Linda began a nine year hiatus from the family business when she worked in the Atlanta Branch of Swiss Re in their Ocean Marine Department as an Underwriter. While there, she earned the designation of Association in Marine Insurance Management (AMIM).
Linda has participated in a varity of roles for numerous organizations including:
• Current Board Member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Westchester County (IIAWC).
• Past President and Vice President of the Sleepy Hollow Chamber of Commerce
• Past Secretary on the Board of Directors for the Rotary Club of the Tarrytowns
• Past Co-Events Chair for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Westchester (NAIFA-Westchester)
• Past Executive Board as Treasurer for the Westchester Association of Women Business Owners (WAWBO) prior to the merger with WEDC forming the Alliance of Hudson Valley Women Business Owners
• Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Food Bank of Westchester
• Past Member on the Board of Directors for the Westchester County Association
In 2015, Rey Insurance was recognized by Westchester County Business Journal as one of 20 successful family-owned businesses in the area.
In 2015, Rey Insurance was recognized as an Outstanding Minority Owned Business by 914Inc.
Linda was recognized as:
* 2015 Honoree of the Year by the Institute of Applied Human Dynamics (IAHD) for her community contributions.
* 2010 Outstanding Member of the Year by the Sleepy Hollow Chamber of Commerce for her assistance in starting and growing their networking events.
* 2006 Emerging Leader by the American Association of University Woman (AAUW) Westchester Branch where she also chartered the first Business Interest Group, “Busine$$ 2 Busine$$ Networking”.
* 2005 Business Woman of the Year by the Westchester Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Linda has been individually recognized as one of the 5 Star Auto & Home Insurance Agencies in Westchester County by Westchester Magazine in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015.
Rey Insurance has been featured in publications including Fortune Small Business, The Insurance Journal, Journal News, Westchester Business Journal, Westchester Magazine’s 914Inc., American Agent and Broker Magazine, as well as in PropertyCasualty360.com. Additionally featured in various community publications including The Examiner & Hudson Independent. Rey Insurance was recognized as one of the 5 Star Auto & Home Insurance Agencies in Westchester County by Westchester Magazine for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.
Linda was a weekly contributor to the Equifax Finance Blog‘s Insurance Channel from May 2010 to May 2012.eMail Linda
Back to Staff