FAQ: Automobile Insurance


Q: Do I need to purchase insurance when I rent a car?

A: Your auto policy responds to all your insurance needs with the car rental because it is viewed as a “replacement” vehicle under your auto policy.

Q: What happens if I have an accident?

A: If you have a accident, it’s important to obtain information on the other party involved from their insurance card (ID card). This includes insurance company name, phone number and policy number. If the police respond, ask when the police report will be available for pickup.

Q: What is Gap insurance, and do I need it?

A: This applies to leased vehicles and represents the difference in amount of the lease value and the vehicle value when a claim is submitted. There are factors involved, including down payments, interest rates, length of lease, etc. The Gap insurance pays the difference to you and/or the leasing company.

Q: How Many Points for a Speeding Ticket?

A: There are varying points for varying violations. We have outlined a list of violations and the corresponding points. Click here to access.


FAQ: Homeowners Insurance


Q: Why do I need Renters insurance?

A: Renter’s insurance protects all personal property you own while a tenant, and will reimburse you for loss due to fire, robbery, burglary. Plus, policies also cover:

  • Additional living expenses for motel during repairs
  • Medical payments to others if injured while in your apartment
  • Personal liability due to a lawsuit not related to your work or profession
Q: Should I have “Replacement Cost” coverage on my home?

A: Yes, because there is much better coverage under your homeowners policy with this endorsement. The company must cover the full value of the property in case of a loss. Otherwise, the company would pay only the face amount of the policy and that amount may be lower than the cost to rebuild your home due to inflation costs.


FAQ: Financial Services


Q: Does it pay to obtain mortgage Life insurance?

A: Yes. The cost is very modest compared to the benefit received. It gives you  peace of mind in knowing that if you are not around, due to natural or accidental death, your home would be paid off in full.

Q: How can I help fund educational costs for my children?

A: Life insurance can provide a death benefit that can help fund your children’s education in the event of your untimely death. In addition, some policies have a cash value that builds on a tax deferred basis. By withdrawing cash value down to your cost basis, and then taking policy loans, you can access a supplementary source of funding. Please be aware, however, that interest is charged on policy loans and the cash value and death benefit will be reduced by the amount of the loan outstanding.

Q: Do I need life insurance if I created a Trust Fund?

A: It is in your best interest to have life insurance because it provides the most liquid assets you will have available to you for financial planning, and help meet the immediate needs that arise at death.