A weekend away from bills, errands, and every family obligation that makes you exhausted before Monday arrives, that’s all you wanted. Until a call from your neighbor makes you cut your weekend short. As you pull into the driveway you see it. There’s water everywhere. That means, it’s probably in your house.
You’ve come home to find your worst nightmare. A pipe burst while you were away, and everything is ruined. The floor will have to be ripped out and replaced as well as the drywall. Then there’s your furniture and your family’s treasures. It’s enough to make you sick to your stomach it quickly feels overwhelming.
With the right homeowner’s insurance policy and an agent that cares about helping you pick up the pieces, that sick feeling can be replaced with one of relief. The house can be restored, new furniture purchased, and in less time than you realize life can get back to normal.
Understanding New York Homeowner’s Insurance
In general, property damage accounts for about 97 percent of all insurance claims. Homeowner’s insurance covers more than just property damage, depending on the policy you purchase it may include:
- Personal property located at and away from your home
- Garages and storage sheds located on your property
- Additional living expenses – especially if the damage to your property forces you out of your home while repairs are made.
Many different factors affect the cost of your insurance:
- The location, age, and type of home you have
- How close you are to fire services – fire hydrants, fire departments
- The deductible you choose – the higher the deductible, the lower the premiums
- The amount of insurance you choose
- Any available discounts
- Your credit rating
As your life changes with the addition of more cars, more jewelry and other high-value possessions, you should look over your New York homeowner’s insurance policy to make sure that you’re adequately covered.
Why Do You Need Homeowner’s Insurance?
Remember Murphy’s Law that anything that can happen, will. Protect your home and your family from whatever issues may arise.
- In 2014, home fires caused $6.8 billion in property loss and damage
- In 2012, ice caused $7 million in property damage
- In 2010, there were over 2 million burglaries nationwide; victims lost an estimated $4.6 billion worth of personal property.
Why Choose Rey Insurance?
We are a local, family-owned insurance company and have been in business since 1978 when our father, Frank Rey, started the company so he could be close to his mom and give his kids a place to go after school. These days, the company is 100 percent owned by women, Frank’s daughters, and we’re carrying on the family tradition of helping our clients not only GET the best insurance for your needs but making sure you understand exactly what you’ve got.
We understand the importance of family and home, and we’re committed to our community. As an independent insurance agent, our priority is finding the best plan for you, not convincing you to choose one specific company with limited insurance plans.
Our mantra is, “If we wouldn’t recommend it to our mom, we wouldn’t recommend it to you.”